Following the opening of Pasco County’s first Neuro Interventional program and Comprehensive Stroke Center, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point began an aggressive 19,000 square foot renovation and expansion project in late 2019. This project is now complete with larger operating rooms, a new Sterile Processing Department, and an expansive Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) where patients recover after their procedure.
“We are delighted with the results of this project which showcases our commitment to meeting the healthcare needs of Pasco County and surrounding communities,” stated Chief Executive Officer Gina Temple. “We are continuing to invest heavily in our surgical programs to ensure our surgeons have the latest tools and technology for optimal patient outcomes.”
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has also taken significant steps to ensure the safety of surgical patients and caregivers during the pandemic. For more information, please visit Gina Temple’s discussion of Surgery Day Expectations on the hospital’s website.
In addition to the $14.7 million surgical expansion and renovation costs, the hospital has invested more than $5 million in operating room equipment upgrades bringing the entire project cost to $20 million. This includes adding the latest in minimally invasive and robotic surgery platforms. As the area’s only Level II Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center, the hospital provided care to more than 82 thousand patients last year. The hospital’s total economic impact exceeded $179 million.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Adult Cardiac Surgery & Level 2 Cardiovascular Services
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety Award for four years in a Row (2017- 2021) by Healthgrades
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery and Prostate Surgeries in 2021.
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 17 years in a row (2005-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020)
- American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education