The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) announced today that they will cautiously resume offering in-person visitation to families and friends of inmates beginning in October.
Effective Monday, October 5, 2020, HCSO will resume non-contact visitations at the Falkenburg Road Jail Video Visitation Center. Along with allowing loved ones of inmates to visit at no charge, the following guidelines will be in place:
- The Video Visitation Center will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Personally owned masks/face coverings are required to be worn for entry into the visitation center.
- Any person entering the visitation center will be subject to a temperature check and COVID-19 questionnaire screening.
- Inmates will be allowed one (1) adult visitor (18 years or older) per visit.
- Social distancing throughout the visitation center will be enforced and stations will be sanitized after each use.
With the exception of these new requirements, policies regarding the scheduling of inmate visits will remain unchanged.
Due to the initial limited capacity of the visitation center, the public is reminded that remote video visitation, allowing people to talk to inmates from their home computers or electronic devices, will still be available through the HCSO website for a small fee of $8 for 20 minutes. In addition, Sheriff Chad Chronister has worked in partnership with telephone vendor GTL to provide every inmate with one free 10-minute phone call per week.
“We understand how important it is for families to stay in touch with their incarcerated loved ones. We appreciate their patience and understanding as we’ve worked to balance the desire to stay connected with the critical need for safety during this ongoing pandemic,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “As video visitation resumes at the Falkenburg Road Jail, we plan to closely follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to our inmates, staff, their families, and the public they interact with daily.”
The public can create a video visitation account through the following link: