Dinosaur World in Plant City has been welcoming families back with a lower admission price as summer kicks into high gear.
“We are so happy to be open again,” manager Angelica Roque said Sunday in an interview with Bay News 9.
In the wake of the Chinese coronavirus, Roque offered assurances of safety. All of the details below.
Dinosaur World has added more sanitizing stations, increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols, recommending masks for visitors, but not required at their park.
“You can be assured that everything will be clean,” Roque said.
Some high-touch exhibits, such as the Bone Dig, and the playground have remained closed.
The park’s admission fee dropped to $10 per person.
Find out more about Dinosaur World here.
LETTER FROM OUR MANAGEMENT
At Dinosaur World, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees are high priorities, especially during this time when the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is on all our minds. Our thoughts and prayers are with all persons affected by the virus and their speedy recovery.
We recognize the seriousness of the health concerns arising from the virus, and we are proactively taking actions to keep our parks clean and safe.
As part of our effort to keep our parks clean and safe, we are conducting higher frequency cleaning and disinfection, especially surfaces frequently touched by our guests and employees. However, in an abundance of caution, we have decided to temporarily close our park for the safety of our employees and guests.
As recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we encourage all guests to follow the following precautionary steps recommended by the CDC:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. We also encourage guests to have personal hand sanitizers for use on an as needed basis.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact and distance yourself with those who are sick. Avoid handshaking, and unnecessarily touching objects that have been touched or handled by others.
We are closely monitoring the CDC and state department of health for updates and recommendations, and we will adapt our operations to keep our guests and employees as safe as we can.
We hope all of you remain safe and healthy.
We will be temporarily closed starting March 17, 2020 until further notice, based on CDC recommendations for public gatherings.
Central Florida’s Best Value!
- Wander among hundreds of life-sized dinosaurs in a natural setting
- Coolers encouraged – bring your own healthy snacks and drinks
- Interactive exhibits capture your kids’ imaginations
- Dino-themed playground features slides, swings and all-around family fun
- Friendly dogs on leashes are welcome
- Boardwalks wind through natural areas shaded by centuries-old oak trees
- Our 7,000 square foot gift shop offers great values on prehistoric artifacts as well as toys, games and gorgeous geodes
- Group rates, including special prices for birthday parties.
- 15% percent off room rates at Hampton Inn Plant City when you mention Dinosaur World. Call ahead.
- Dinosaur World is “Autism Friendly!” The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) at the University of South Florida has created the “Autism Friendly” initiative. Please visit CARD‘s website for more information.
- Visual Support for before your visit: Our Visit to Dinosaur World