Florida gas prices jumped an average of 10 cents per gallon last week. Florida drivers went from paying an average price of $2.33 per gallon on Monday, to $2.42/g Wednesday. Although that was the highest daily average in two weeks, prices at the pump remain well below the highest price so far this year, $2.56 per gallon.
Pump prices began to edge lower through the weekend. The state average is down by only a penny, yet drivers in some regions are finding prices in the low $2.30s.
“Although gas prices are declining again, drivers should expect continued volatility at the pump in the coming months,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Refineries are entering spring maintenance season, where they conduct seasonal maintenance and switch to a more expensive summer gasoline – as required by the EPA. This work can lead to reduced refinery output at a time when driving demand increases for spring break. In recent years, the imbalance of springtime supply and demand led to price hikes of 20-60 cents, which was spread out over the course of a few months.”
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach ($2.54), Miami ($2.45), Gainesville ($2.45)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.33), Orlando ($2.37), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($2.37), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.38)
- Most expensive states – Hawaii ($3.58), California ($3.49), Washington ($3.09)
- Least expensive states – Mississippi ($2.13), Texas ($2.16), Louisiana ($2.16)
- Florida has the 26th lowest state average in the U.S.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
|AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
(Price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline)
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||2019 High||Record High|
|National||$2.474||$2.473||$2.440||$2.540||$2.392||$2.90 (5/4/2019)||$4.11 (7/17/2008)|
|Florida||$2.411||$2.415||$2.330||$2.486||$2.342||$2.80 (4/12/2019)||$4.08 (7/17/2008)|
|Georgia||$2.307||$2.307||$2.275||$2.388||$2.279||$2.74 (4/29/2019)||$4.16 (9/15/2008)|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|