Hillsborough County government announces additional facility closures and service adjustments as mitigation efforts continue in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- All Hillsborough County Conservation Parks (and facilities contained therein) will be closed until further notice beginning this evening at 8 p.m. This includes the Upper Tampa Bay Trail and Town ‘n Country Greenway. This does not affect the County’s stand-alone boat ramps or nature (ELAPP) preserves, which remain open at this time. The exception is the Apollo Beach Nature Preserve, which is closed. Camp Bayou Nature Preserve is closed to vehicle traffic.
- Hillsborough County Public Utilities has temporarily suspended all customer walk-in service activities at the Brandon Service Center, Northdale Service Center, and Twiggs Administrative locations. Bill payment service options include:
- The drive-through at the Brandon Service Center, 332 N. Falkenburg Road in Tampa, will remain open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Payments can be dropped off in the night depository boxes located at the front of the Brandon and Northdale buildings.
- 24-hour online payment services at HCFLGov.net/Water
- Pay-by-phone at (813) 276-8526.
- Pay at any Florida AMSCOT location. Bring your bill with you. Note that AMSCOT charges a small service fee.
- For additional assistance with your water and/or wastewater account, please contact the Public Utilities Customer Service Center at (813) 272-6680.
- Hillsborough County Solid Waste is suspending all Household Hazardous Waste collection events until further notice. The County is researching alternative ways to collect household hazardous waste. Residents are asked to properly store these items until these alternate options are announced. During this time, it’s important to reduce waste by buying only what is needed
- All waste paints and electronics can still be disposed of at County Community Collection Centers, Monday through Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Hillsborough County Development Services has made these service adjustments:
- In-person consultations are temporarily suspended. Staff continues to provide client support and service consultations via phone and email. A list of key contacts by service area can be found online via the Covid-19 Cancellations and Closures link at HCFLGov.net Be aware that due to the high demand for phone and online interactions, response times may be longer than normal
- Document drop-off stations are available on the first floor of County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., and at the SouthShore Regional Service Center, 410 30th St. SE in Ruskin, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Those who wish to drop off documents must complete a form for staff follow-up.
- Customers are encouraged to use online submissions whenever possible
- Inspections will continue on a case-by-case basis to comply with CDC guidelines and all local, state, and federal mandates. For questions, call (813) 272-5600.
- Though recreation centers within all Hillsborough County parks are closed, there are available restrooms at these staffed neighborhood parks: Brandon, Carrollwood Village, Gardenville, Mango, Northdale, Providence Skate Park, and Ruskin. These restrooms will remain open, cleaned, and monitored during normal business hours. Restrooms at non-staffed sites are closed until further notice.
- Picnic shelters at neighborhood parks are open but will be monitored to ensure no more than 10 people gather at a time.
- Pickleball courts at Northlakes Park are closed starting Saturday, March 21.
- FishHawk Skate Park is closed starting Saturday, March 21.
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation is moving forward with online Summer Camp registration. Current after-school program participants can sign up until March 31. Public online registration starts April 6.
- Businesses in Hillsborough County can keep up to date on the latest information and announcements on business resources and assistance programs by subscribing to Hillsborough County’s Entrepreneur Collaborative Center e-newsletter at HCFLGov.net/ECC. The ECC staff is available to answer business questions and connect businesses to local resources at (813) 204-9267.
- Also, Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County business consultants are available to assist small businesses prepare disaster loan applications and with other post-disaster challenges at no-cost. Visit HCFLGov.net/FSBDC to request a phone or Skype appointment.