Hillsborough County issued a Safer-at-Home Order to help prevent the further spread of COVID-19. This applies to all residents within Hillsborough County including the cities of Plant City, Tampa,and Temple Terrace, effective as of 10:00 p.m. on March 27, 2020. Residents do not require a pass or a letter to show to authorities.
Residents do not require a pass or a letter to show to authorities. Safer-At-Home means all residents are directed to stay at home as much as possible twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, except in those circumstances outlined below:
- Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
- Commute to and from work if your employer is an essential business or has ensured you can maintain at least 6 feet from your co-workers or customers
- Go to the pharmacy or other medical establishments to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments (but first, check with your doctor or medical provider)
- Go to a restaurant for take-out or drive-thru
- Care for or support a friend or family member in need
- Take a walk, run, or exercise outside – just remember to practice social distancing — that means at least 6 feet between you and others in the community
- Walk your pets or take them to the vet
- Take your child where they need to go if its directed by a custody sharing agreement or order
Non-essential businesses that are unable to maintain the required physical distancing (6 feet) to keep employees and customers safe, must close.