CareerSource Tampa Bay has more than $500,000 to assist recent high school graduates ages 16 to 24 years old, begin post-secondary training, paid-work experience, or entrepreneurial training.
In response to COVID-19, CareerSource Tampa Bay’s (CSTB) Young Talent of Tampa Bay program is holding virtual informational sessions bi-weekly to inform youth about services and training opportunities available. CSTB has $5000 in scholarships available to support eligible youth interested in starting a training program to kick start their careers.
Services available include:
• Career Exploration
• GED Assistance
• Employability Skills Training, Including Financial Literacy
• National Certifications for Workplace Training
• Career Coaching and Guidance
• Tuition Assistance for local schools
• Limited Supportive Services
• Placement assistance through On-the-Job Training or Paid Work Experience
Registration for the online informational sessions can be accessed on our website at https://www.
Upcoming session dates:
• August 5, 2020 at 10 a.m.
• August 19, 2020 at 10 a.m.
• September 9, 2020 at 10 a.m.
• September 23, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Some post-secondary training programs available include graphic design, pharmacy tech, HVAC, nail tech, welding, computer information technology, barbering, construction trades, surgical technology, dental assisting, or commercial vehicle driving, among many others. Several apprenticeships will also be available.
Eligible young adults need to be out-of-school, between the ages of 16-24, and be Hillsborough County residents. Any questions about the program can be directed to [email protected] or 813-930-7400.