Getting kids involved in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) activities is great way to inspire them to be innovative thinkers and leaders as they grow up. As an indoor amusement park for the mind, WonderWorks Panama City Beach strives to get the community excited about various STEM topics by offering opportunities to explore and learn. Over the last year, the upside-down house provided many opportunities for guests of all ages to explore the world of STEM, proving that learning and fun can go hand in hand.
“Time flies when you’re having fun! Thank you to all who visited us in 2023!” says Darren Grooms, general manager at WonderWorks Panama City Beach. “We’re pleased to look back at all the amazing STEM programs and events we were able to offer to local and visiting families alike this year.”
Some of the fantastic STEM programs provided by WonderWorks Panama City Beach in 2023 include:
- A National STEM Day Celebration – On November 8, WonderWorks provided guests with additional interactive demonstrations and experiments throughout the building in honor of National STEM Day. Science lovers could participate in live demonstrations that explored fascinating topics such as weather, physics, matter, and more.
- A New Career Highlight in the STEM Careers Exhibit – As a way to introduce young minds to STEM careers, WonderWorks unveiled a new STEM exhibit in partnership with SeaWorld and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The exhibit dives into the career of a marine biologist, exploring their typical responsibilities, how to become one, and why the career field is so fascinating and essential.
- WonderKids Webinar – WonderWorks’ annual student achievement program concluded with winners attending a live webinar with former NASA astronaut, Dr. Don Thomas. Students and their families learned about what it’s like being an astronaut and traveling to space straight from the source and got to ask Dr. Thomas all their burning questions.
- Appreciation Events for Educational Groups, Educators, and More – WonderWorks spread the love by hosting several special days for different types of educational groups, such as homeschoolers, scout troops, and more. They also held numerous events with discounted rates for teachers, first responders, and locals to spread the love and fun to as many people as possible.
- Community Partnerships – As a way to support the community and spread their love of learning, WonderWorks attended various community events throughout the year, including Early Education and Care, Inc.’s Head Start Back to School Round Up, Bacot Academy’s Au-Some Fest, and more.
“As a proud provider of year-round ‘edu-tainment,’ we’re always striving to offer additional events and programs for those who want to take the fun of WonderWorks to the next level!” says Amanda Hinzman, education sales manager at WonderWorks Panama City Beach. “Our team is already working hard to plan an amazing year of STEM offerings ahead. If you’ve never been to WonderWorks, there’s no better time than now!”
WonderWorks will continue to offer more STEM-themed fun in the new year. Guests can look forward to teacher open houses, educational field trips, event partnerships, a youth art contest, and more. WonderWorks is also currently developing a new exhibit that will put inventors and inventions in the spotlight in honor of National Inventors Day, February 11, 2024. They are working closely with local teachers to gather insight on the inventions that make their lives easier. In partnering with local teachers, the team also ensures the exhibit will complement what their students are learning in the classroom.
WonderWorks Panama City Beach offers over 100 hands-on, interactive exhibits. Each display is designed to allow guests to get up close and personal with themes in science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM). Science lovers of all ages can climb into a replica Mercury Capsule in the Space Zone, create giant bubbles in the Bubble Lab, test different pulley systems on Pulley Power, and much more. There are also plenty of challenging attractions for thrill seekers, like the laser tag arena, the suspended ropes course, Xtreme 360 Bikes, a virtual reality Grave Digger monster truck ride, extreme weather experiences, Space Fury 360°, and more. Everything inside WonderWorks aims to keep guests physically active, encourage teamwork, and spark their imagination.
WonderWorks focuses on providing year-round “edu-tainment” for locals and visitors. Activities and events include educational field trips, science fair partnerships, student contests, and more. WonderWorks is open year-round. To get more information about WonderWorks Panama City Beach, visit its website: https://www.wonderworksonline.
WonderWorks, a science-focused indoor amusement park, combines education and entertainment. With over 100 hands-on exhibits, there is something unique and challenging for all ages. Feel the power of 74 mph hurricane-force winds in the Hurricane Shack. Make life-sized bubbles in the Bubble Lab. Experience zero gravity and get the NASA treatment in the Astronaut Training Gyro. Conquer your fear of heights on the indoor Glow-In-The-Dark Ropes Course. Nail it by lying on the death-defying Bed of Nails. WonderWorks has locations in Orlando, Pigeon Forge, Panama City Beach, Myrtle Beach, Syracuse, and Branson. Visit WonderWorksonline.com and follow @WonderWorksPCB on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.