The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System has earned a three-year accreditation from the International Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
The three-year accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. Bay Pines programs and services awarded with the accreditation include:
- Employment Re-Entry Service
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – VA Supported Housing (VASH) program
- Homeless Program
- Substance Abuse Disorder Residential Rehabilitation Program
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Integrated Recovery Residential Program
- Center for Sexual Trauma Services Residential Program
- Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management Program
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Program
An organization receiving a three-year accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process and has demonstrated, to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit, that it’s programs and services are of the highest quality.
This survey is important to the healthcare system because it serves as preeminent standards. Standards developed by CARF are patient centered, field-driven, state-of-the-art, and nationally accepted for rehabilitation services in both large and small community and hospital-based organizations. CARF also ensures that existing and new rehabilitation programs continue to demonstrate commitment to quality of care and positive health outcomes.
“The achievement of receiving a new, three-year accreditation supports the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System’s commitment to providing exceptional healthcare to our nation’s Veterans,” said Suzanne M. Klinker, Director, Bay Pines VA Healthcare System.
“As outlined in our strategic plan, we strive to be a five-star health care organization in the quality delivery of health care services as well as satisfaction. Our CARF accreditation illustrates our continuous efforts and dedication to providing the very best care for America’s Veterans.”