CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) has $4.6 million available to assist Hillsborough County youth and adults with tuition assistance scholarships to begin post-secondary training at local schools.
Scholarships awarded in totals of up to $10,000 based on the program choice. Tuition assistance is awarded in the following in-demand industries:
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing and Trades
- Professional Services
- Retail and Hospitality
The scholarship will be available to young adults 16 to 24 years of age through the Young Talent Tampa Bay program (YTTB) and adults over 18 years of age through the Adult & Dislocated Worker program (ADDW).
In addition to the scholarships, the programs offer the following additional career services:
- A designated career coach
- Employability Skills Training, including Financial Literacy
- Assistance with resumes
- National Certifications for Workplace Training
- Limited Supportive Services
- Job Placement assistance, including On-the-Job training opportunities
- Career exploration and guidance
- GED assistance (Youth Only)
- Placement assistance into Paid-Work-Experience (Youth Only)
To be eligible for these programs, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Hillsborough County resident
- Meet certain age requirements
- Meet U.S. citizenship or permanent resident requirements
- Be registered for the Selective Service (males only)
- Additional income eligibility applies
Young Talent Tampa Bay is holding virtual information sessions via Zoom to inform youth 16-24 years old about the services, and training opportunities available to help kick-off their careers. To learn more about each of the programs, you can attend a virtual information session.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAMS:
Youth, 16-24 years of age, can register for upcoming sessions at the following link:
To apply for the Adult & Dislocated program (18 & up), click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Adult & Dislocated Workers, 18 years of age, information sessions are held virtually every Wednesday at 10 A.M. To attend a session just email [email protected] for the link to access the session.
To access a full list of training programs covered click this link: https://www.
To access a list of local targeted occupations, click this link: https://www.