County Administrator Mike Merrill issued a new Administrator Order Updating COVID-19 Limitations for Establishments & Gatherings this evening. The new order provides for the County to comply with the Executive Orders issued by the Governor of the State of Florida, which includes Executive Order 20-68 issued earlier today. Hillsborough County’s Administrator Order also seeks to implement additional restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Highlights of this new order include:
- Directing restaurants, private clubs, or any other establishment that serve food or drinks on premises for consumption to close for business daily at or before 10:00 p.m. and not reopen until 6:00 a.m. the following day.
- Restaurants may continue to offer food and non-alcoholic beverages for takeout and delivery from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., and must follow all sanitation and social distancing protocols for COVID-19 outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and the Florida Department of Health guidelines.
- All public or private gatherings, including community, civic, public leisure, faith-based events, sporting events, concerts and any similar events that bring together more than 50 people in a single room or a single space at the same time are prohibited. This prohibition includes fitness centers, health clubs, private clubs and theaters, but does not include venues that provide essential goods or services such as grocery stores, hospitals, pharmacies, gas stations, bank/credit unions, and shelters. It does not pertain to restaurants in which capacity restrictions are governed by the Governor’s Executive Order 20-68.
- Any gatherings under the 50 person threshold should have the capacity to provide attendees with a 6 ft. distance between individuals.
- Administrator Merrill also recommends that gatherings that include older adults and persons with severe pre-existing health conditions should be limited to no more than 10 individuals.
- Additionally, the Administrator recommends adherence to the President of the United States Coronavirus Guidelines for America in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus (coronavirus.gov).